1. Compare and contrast the early life of Miles with Louis Armstrong. What role do you think Miles' life of middle-class priviledge played in his success as a jazz musician? How so?
2. Kind of Blue is the best-selling jazz album of all time. Why do you think so?
3. Describe Miles Davis' "Second Quintet." How does it differ from his Kind of Blue group. Detail changes in personnel of both groups along with changes in the music.
This assignment utilizes tracks: "Nows the Time" and "Boogie Stop Shuffle"
In the text box, write a descriptive analysis (of at least two paragraphs) of the two pieces of music (one from Kind of Blue, the other from Miles' Second Quintet).
1. Detail differences in the music, particularly the rhythm section.
2. Detail differences in the mood of each piece. Use musical terminology.
watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0HB8ybKJzo
1. In short essay format , describe the Avant-Garde movement as it pertains to other arts outside of music.
2. Discuss, Coleman's contributions to the movement.
Using tracks "concerto for billy the kid" and "acknowledgement"
1. In the text box, write a two-paragraph analysis of the music of both tracks. In your analysis contrast the music with Miles music of the Kind of Blue period. Do you feel that Miles influenced this music in any way?
1. Detail the various Latin styles that influenced jazz of this time period.
2. What were the two factors that brought the bossa nova style north to the United States?
Listen to track "Lonely Women" and, in the text box, write a two-paragraph analysis of the music. Compare and contrast this track with any of the other tracks attached .
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||08/10/2013 12:00 am