Assignment Objectives: Calculate and interpret confidence intervals for a proportion
Purpose: One of the objectives of this class is to make students better consumers of the information they are presented with every day. Knowing how to interpret poll results is an important step in determining validity of studies you will assess in your professional career but also an aide to determine the significance of studies as they pertain to your personal life.
Assignment Description: Choose a recent poll on a subject that interests you. Be sure to include a direct link to the poll. If you need a resource, you can begin with Gallup.com. Gallup polls are very reputable. After you have located a poll, answer the following questions:
1. What was the topic of your poll and what questions were asked? You must include a link to the poll. Be sure the link works.
2. What was the sample size of the survey? What were the numerical poll results for at least one of the questions?
3. What was the margin of error (MOE)? Note that while all legitimate polls disclose this information, you may have to read to the end of the article to find it.
4. Using the MOE, construct at least two Confidence Intervals for results of the poll. Be sure to write the intervals using appropriate interval format.
5. Interpret the confidence intervals. Be sure to write your conclusion using complete sentences and include a common sense interpretation. That is, how would you explain the results to someone who has never taken statistics.
Parameters: Question 1 is worth 5 points, questions 2 through 5 are each worth 10 points.
APA format with references
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||01/30/2016 12:00 am