The video is 30 minutes and I can't upload it, but I have watched it and know the answers to the questions regarding the specific questions. I can do that part. I just need help with the rest of the paper. Needs to be finished by Monday night. Must be atleast 7 pages.
The paper is designed to help you to critically reflect upon how personal, professional and political assumptions influence social work practice. Using the Ruthie Session video, take the case study selected and respond to the following questions:
1. Briefly describe the individual, family, or group that you have selected for this assignment, including information on cultural background (class, race, ethnicity, religion, age, and sexual orientation).
2. How did the social worker begin working with this client system in terms of preparation, engagement, and relationship building? What power differentials were apparent and how were these addressed?
3. What goals did the client and the social worker agree to work on?
4. Reflecting on your own knowledge, practice and/or experience as a scholar-practitioner, how would you practice mutual goal setting (contracting) with an individual, family, or group? Please support your answer with examples.
5. Based on your observation with the video of choice, how may have the clients’ cultural background influence the social worker’s work? Discuss the concept of cultural humility as it relates to this individual, family or group members.
6. Reflect on your own personal values and practice as a potential social worker working on the case of choice and discuss:
- What are your personal beliefs and values about what causes problems or challenges for people? How are these reflected in your understanding of and work with this client system/case?
- What is your understanding of power and empowerment in building social work relationships? How has this understanding influenced your work with regard to goal setting?
- What personal/professional strengths did you draw on in your observations with this client/case? What obstacles could you predict happening to a social worker dealing with this client/case? And what would be done differently?
Please discuss and cite course readings and any other relevant literature throughout the paper and include a reference page. Suggested length approximately 7-9 pages, double-spaced maximum; References, at a minimum, 5 peer-reviewed sources. APA format required.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||02/01/2016 11:59 pm