The following spreadsheet contains personnel data. The CEO of the company needs demographic summary data for a potential future salary action.
(I have provided the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet for this assignment: Individual Project Data.)
- Create a manager summary report that includes head count and salary by manager.
- Insert a pivot table on a new worksheet.
- Choose "Manager," "Job Title," and "Full Name" as row labels. Limit the Manager Row labels to the 3 managers only (exclude the CEO and CEO direct reports as well as any blank data).
- Choose "Full Name" and "Salary" as sum values, and change the Sum of Salary to Average of Salary. Format the Salary listing to be currency, rounded to whole dollars.
- There should be a Summary line for each manager showing total head count and average salary.
- Name the new worksheet "Heads and Salary By Manager."
- Create a pie chart depicting the head count by job title.
- Insert a pivot chart on a new worksheet. Change the chart type to "Pie."
- For Mac users, create a pivot table then create a chart from that table.
- Choose "Job Title" as the Category (exclude the CEO job description as a category).
- Choose "Job Title" as sum values, and show the head count as a data label on each slice. Add a chart title called "Head Count by Job Title." Name the new worksheet "Heads By Job Title Pie."
- Create a professional memo to the CEO in Microsoft Word, making sure you cover the following:
- Manager summary pivot table
- Head count pie chart
- Brief summary of the organization and of the report
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/03/2013 12:00 am