Assignment 2 – Code of Ethics
Completion of the following activity will assist students in (1) developing an understanding of the various codes of ethics from which many health care professionals/organizations operate and (2) identifying and minimizing differences in members’ personal ethic.
Develop a table that will contrast the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Code of Ethics, with the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE )Code of Ethics, and one other health related professional code of ethics that you select. Codes of Ethics will be located on the professional websites (i.e., www.ache.org, www.mgma.com, etc.)
Code of Ethics:
• Identify each code of ethics that you are reviewing/contrasting.
• Identify all common elements.
At a minimum the table should address the following questions:
• Are disciplinary or grievance procedures addressed?
• Is there a duty to report violations?
• Is there evidence of respect for individuals?
• Is there evidence of respect for beneficence?
• Is there evidence of respect for non-malfeasance?
• Is there evidence of respect for justice?
• What ethical theories/ principles can be identified in the code?
• What, if any, elements create conflict for you as a professional?
• Are there any inconsistencies among the three codes?
• Do you completely buy into all aspects of your professional code of ethics?
• Does your professional code of ethics create any conflicts of interest for you? Explain you answer.
Submit the completed table with a copy of the Internet link to each selected Codes of Ethics.
Developing Organizational Philosophy and Mission Statements:
Locate a copy of a healthcare organizations mission statement. Evaluate the organization’s mission statement and answer the following questions. Please submit a copy of the organization’s mission statement with answers to the questions below.
1. What does this document tell you about the nature of this institution?
2. What does this document not tell you?
3. To what audiences do you think it is directed?
4. From reading it, what types of questions would you ask if you were seeking employment in this institution?
Personal Mission Statement/Philosophy:
In a paragraph, create your personal mission statement and philosophy. Make sure it is inclusive, specific and fully describes your individual mission.
Note: The length of this assignment can be anywhere between 2 to 6 pages. However, it is expected from you to answer the questions and express your point of view adequately within the submitted assignment
|Due By (Pacific Time)||11/02/2013 07:00 pm|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews