Read the following two articles and the video
a) The Emerging Markets Century Revisited, by Agtmael, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 45(1), 2009)
b) Chinese and Indian Business Systems: Divergent in the midst of Global Trends, by Grainger, R. & Chatterjee, S.R. (2007).
Answer the following in 150-200 words each (3% the total grade). Note: Make sure that you have:
1. A strong thesis statement that makes a clear, provocative claim in response to the inquiry question. It is uniquely your claim about the text, not just parroting authors.
2. Strong topic sentences that make a clear, provocative sub-claim of the thesis and organize the body paragraph.
3. Specific examples from the text (reading / video) that you carefully analyze to support your claims.
4. A developed argument based upon 2-3 good examples, rather than a list of unanalyzed details or mere text summary.
5. Accurate representation of the position of the author(s), and a clear, controlling role for your own voice in the conversation.
6. A coherent exposition with a logical progression held together by strong transitions.
1. Are emerging markets a mere fad or are they here to fundamentally transform the global economy?
2 Summarize Grainger & Chatterjee's answer to the following question in your own words: What are the major similarities and differences in the business systems of China and India, in terms of their relationship with the rapid growth of these two emerging markets?
3 Which of the two business systems would you advocate as a model for other nations to follow, and why? (Note: Consider the role of the State and the sustainability of the two models in your answer).
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/12/2013 12:00 am