Policemen of the World Paper
It is common knowledge that by the twentieth century, the United States had become the dominant force in international relations. Some have argued that the United States’ military functions as the world’s police. This assignment covers the manner in which this shift occurred and the consequences that the United States faces as a result of its elevated status.
Use the Internet to research two (2) real-life international incidents from the past five (5) years in which:
- The U.S. used military action abroad
- Controversy existed within the American public regarding U.S. involvement
- Controversy existed within the country or countries affected by U.S. involvement
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Outline the two (2) real-life international incidents that you have researched.
- Identify two (2) factors that propelled America into a dominant military and diplomatic force after World War II.
- Compare and contrast the key differences in American foreign policy before and after World War II. Explain the main reasons why the differences in pre- and post-war policy occurred. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Describe the manner in which the justifications used for America’s overseas involvement during World War II still play a role in U.S. military action abroad. Provide an example of such justifications in action to support your response.
- Discuss the fundamental ways in which the rise of the United States to a world superpower has shaped the country’s responses to the following issues on the home front:
-Fourth Amendment protections
-Americans’ choice of leaders in Congress and the White House
6. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment besides the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the rise of the United States to a world “superpower” and how that status has shaped its internal developments in recent decades.
- Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil War.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/24/2013 05:00 pm