1. Identify and explain the six major objectives of criminal investigation.
2. What is deductive reasoning and how does it apply to criminal investigation
3. Identify and define the six different types of evidence.
4. Explain the role of evidence in criminal investigation.
5. Outline the first officer’s responsibilities when responding to a crime such as burglary.
6. Define the duties in a follow up investigation.
7. Explain the role of field notes and what should be documented therein.
8. What should be documented in the police report?
9. Explain the purpose of a supplemental police report.
10. Identify the different methods used to locate and process fingerprints as outlined in the text.
11. Identify the role of DNA data bases in criminal investigation.
12. Identify the major steps in a criminal trial.
13. Explain the jury selection process.
14. List the ways a police officer should prepare for testimony at a criminal trial.
15. Compare and contrast the suspect confession versus the admission.
16. Identify when Miranda warnings are required.
17. Explain the concept of coercion as it relates to interrogation.
18. Explain the role of police intelligence as a means of investigation.
19. Identify what RISS stands for and define its mission.
20. Define entrapment.
21. Explain how to develop a cover story when working undercover.
22. Define probable cause and its significance in police procedure.
23. List the three most significant Amendments in the Bill of Rights that affect criminal investigations and police procedure in general.
24. Define and explain the exclusionary rule.
25. Identify two of the seven warrantless searches outlined in the text.
26. Discuss one of the major pitfalls in homicide investigations.
27. Define manslaughter.
28. Identify five of the nine characteristics of a robbery that were listed in the text.
29. Identify the legal elements of simple and aggravated assault.
30. Explain the concept of self defense and its application to assault investigations.
31. Identify and define one of the three general rapist’s approaches discussed in the text.
32. Identify the major steps for the responding police officer to investigate abducted persons.
33. Identify the characteristics of the typical child molester.
34. Identify the signs of abuse that officers should look for when investigating a report of abuse.
35. Identify the elements of burglary and the evidence needed to support each element for a conviction for the crime.
36. Identify at least three different methods that thieves use to acquire personal information in cases of fraud and identity theft.
37. Define point of origin and its significance in investigating possible arson.
38. Explain two provisions of the 1996 Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act.
39. Identify three different types of cyber crime and explain some basic investigation principles associated with those crimes.
40. Explain how you would interview a computer crime suspect.
|Due By (Pacific Time)||01/06/2013 11:00 pm|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews