Textbook: An Introduction Public Administration by Marc Holzer and Richard W. Schwester
PICK 5 QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
***ANSWERS MUST COME FROM TEXTBOOK*
1) Apply the four types of performance indicators in a public agency/department or in a municipality of your choice; include a definition of each and examples of metrics.
2) What are the major steps needed to be taken in designing a performance management system. How are citizens incorporated in the process? What are the benefits and what are the pitfalls?
3) Identify the various methods for collecting data summarize the advantages and challenges of each technique.
4) There are many sources through which the government generates revenues. Discuss the major sources and the principles/theories they are based upon.
5) Do you believe that leadership effectiveness is determined by what kind and how much power one has? In stating your position, describe the five types of leadership power.
6) Define a whistleblowing program and whether or not you feel it is an important technique in addressing corruption and unethical behavior, and why.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||12/09/2013 08:00 am