In this assignment you will design and develop an object-oriented program. The program you choose to design must provide specific functionality and demonstrate several programming principles, including those listed below:
- Program must be command-line based and interactive, allowing the user to control its operation by entering commands. For example, a user may type “add” and the program will respond by asking for data to add. Typing “exit” may end the program.
- Program must manage some type of record- or object-based data. In other words, it must manage multiple instances of the same type of data. So essentially, a collection of objects, each of which contains a collection of objects.
- Ability to accept new data entered by the user.
- Ability to search for specific, previously entered data.
- Ability to save all data to a file.
- Ability to retrieve previously stored data from the file.
- Ability to display a list of all data items and their sub-items.
- Program must have intelligible comments that adequately describe key parts of the code.
- All variables and class names should clearly describe their purpose and use consistent casing. Spelling doesn’t count, but try your best.
- Program must comprise at least five classes.
- Program must use inheritance and demonstrate polymorphism.
- Program must use at least one loop.
- Program must read and write a file.
Refer to the Course Schedule within the Syllabus for specific project deliverables and due dates.
- Working object-oriented program meeting the above requirements. You must submit all the source code as well as a compiled executable.
- Simple user’s Guide that explains how your program works.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||12/17/2013 11:30 pm