Review the Riordan Manufacturing Virtual Organization.
Write a paper of no more than 1,400-words that includes the following:
- Determine Riordan's manufacturing strategy (chase, level, or combination) and explain its benefits.
- Create a process flow diagram for the electric fan supply chain.
- Select two metrics to evaluate performance of the electric fan supply chain.
- Describe the supplier relationship and the effects on the supply chain. As part of this consider the following:
- Type of relationship
- Supplier location, size of company, and financial stability.
- Metrics used to measure supplier performance (on-time delivery, defects, etc).
- Supplier improvement strategies
- Describe how lean production principles may be used to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the electric fan supply chain process.
- Select a business forecasting technique (qualitative or quantitative) for the electric fans and describe the forecasting process to be used at Riordan.
- Create a sales forecast for electric fans using selected techniques.
- Develop Aggregate Production Plan, Master Schedule, and Materials Requirement Plans for electric fans based off the sales forecast. Be sure to include the following:
- Determine inventory requirements of the electric fans component parts and finished goods
- Select appropriate inventory system (fixed order quantity, two bin method, etc.) to meet inventory requirements.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||01/19/2014 12:00 am