f you are using the Blackboard Mobile Learn IOS App, please click "View in Browser."
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the "Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment" in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: Kodak and Fujifilm
Due Week 4 and worth 300 points
Access articles about the history, business approaches, management, and marketing of Eastman Kodak and Fujifilm. Eastman Kodak has been a developer and pioneer of photographic films for over 130 years. Although it invented the digital camera, the company was unprepared for the rapid changes in new technologies and filed for bankruptcy protection in January 2012. Fujifilm, a Japanese competitor, on the other hand, has been successful in the U.S. and global markets.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Describe the history and core business of each company.
- Compare and contrast the approach to management that each company has pursued in order to embrace innovation.
- Determine what other management differences have impacted the relative success of Kodak and Fujifilm. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Evaluate each company’s approach to ethics and social responsibility and the impact those approaches have had on each company’s profitability.
- Discuss the extent to which management of both companies adapted to changing market conditions.
- Recommend three (3) ways any company should build in flexibility to back up its decision-making process in order to adapt to changing market conditions.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the primary functions of management (planning, organizing, leading, controlling) and the associated skills, tools, and theoretical approaches that can be used to accomplish these functions.
- Explain the principal theories and the various approaches to management that have evolved over time and their application to current management situations.
- Explain the decision-making process management uses to develop viable courses of action to a variety of management situations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
- Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||02/03/2014 09:00 am