Learning Activity #1
Chapter 8 provides a thorough discussion on group work and team work. Companies build and support teams because of their effect on overall workplace performance, both organizational and individual.
As a college student at UMUC, you will find that many of your classes require group work, frequently self-managed. Like most college students, you despise group work but it is a necessary evil that provides experience for the real world especially now that many organizations are moving to virtual work places.
- If your instructor placed you in a group of four students, what would be your approach or strategy to ensure an effective team experience?
- What teamwork skills would you bring to the table?
- What teamwork skills do you believe you need to work on?
- What would you do if one of the four students failed to participate and one student had to drop the class?
- How will communication play a role in the success of the team?
In responding, remember to use the material from the eBook, from outside sources, and to support your reasoning. Students are expected to do the same in responding to others.
Learning Activity #2
When students work in teams at UMUC, there is usually a peer evaluation that is completed and turned in as part of the associated assignment. Students are rated and graded according to the peer evaluation. What are the ethical implications for completing the form with a rating that does not warrant the work put into the assignment (either student assigns a rating that far exceeds the work or unfairly penalizes a student).
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||02/12/2014 03:00 pm