I HAVE ATTACH CHAPTER 9
Learning Activity #1: Marketing
In week 6, the focus of our learning activity is on marketing in terms of providing value to the customer. In your reading Exploring Business (2014), you will see that social media marketing is the new hot method of companies reaching consumers by:
- creating brand awareness;
- connecting with customers and potential customers by engaging them in two-way communication;
- building brand loyalty by providing opportunities for a targeted audience to participate in company-sponsored activities, such as contest;
- offering and publicizing incentives, such as special discounts or coupons, which increase sales;
- gathering feedback and ideas on how to improve products and marketing initiatives;
- allowing customers to interact with each other and spread the word about a company’s products or marketing initiatives; and
- taking advantage of low-cost marketing opportunities by being active on free social sites, such as Facebook (p. 52).
Here are two examples of how companies promote their products through social media:
Warner Brothers LEGO® Movie - Official Teaser Trailer
This week, students are going to research and find a marketing tool used by a company that has used social media to reach consumers similar to those provided above.
Post the link to the advertisement and then respond to the following questions:
- Discuss the marketing strategy of the company focusing on the marketing mix (Note: not all elements may be relevant to the product you select so you must read Chapter 9 to understand how to apply the concepts to the advertisement).
- Discuss the branding strategies used to attract consumers.
- Of the 7 approaches listed above, how does the company promote the product?
- Who are the potential customers of the advertisement/product?
- Is the marketing effective for the product? Why?
- Do not use any product discussed in Chapter 9.
- Try to select an advertise that is not in the mainstream – (For example, Apple)
- Let’s see how many different types of marketing efforts we can find.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||02/19/2014 01:00 pm