The major shopping areas in the community of Springdale include Springdale Mall, West Mall, and the downtown area on Main Street. A telephone survey has been conducted to identify strengths and weaknesses of these areas and to find out how they fit into the shopping activities of local residents. The 150 respondents were also asked to provide information about themselves and their shopping habits. The data are provided in the file SHOPPING. The variables in the survey can be found in the file CODING.
This exercise involves the following variables from data in the Springdale Shopping Survey:
- Variables 7–9, overall attitude toward the shopping area. The highest possible rating is 5. In each analysis, one of these will be the dependent variable.
- Variables 18–25, the importance (highest rating = 7) placed on each of 8 attributes that a shopping area might possess. In each analysis, one of these will be the independent variable.
Information like that gained from this database exercise could provide management with useful insights into how respondents form their overall attitude toward a shopping area. For example, management can find out whether people who place more importance on “a lot of bargain sales” tend to have a higher perception or a lower perception of a shopping area.
1. With variable 7 (attitude toward Springdale Mall) as the dependent variable, perform two separate regression analyses—one for each of the independent variables listed below. In each case, determine and interpret the regression equation and the coefficients of correlation and determination, then use the 0.05 level of significance in reaching a conclusion on the significance of the linear relationship. Retain the residuals for analysis in question 2 (In Excel, click in each of the boxes under Residuals and Normal Probability in the Regression function that is found in Data Analysis under Data in Excel).
a. Variable 21 (good variety of sizes/styles).
b. Variable 25 (a lot of bargain sales).
2. For each of the regression analyses in question 1, examine the residuals by using a histogram, a normal probability plot, and a plot of the residuals against the values of the independent variable (The histogram function is found in the Data Analysis button under Data in Excel and if you selected all of the correct boxes in #1 you should have the other items already completed in the Regression area). In each case, comment on whether an assumption of the linear regression model may have been violated.
3. Repeat questions 1 and 2, using variable 9 (attitude toward West Mall) as the dependent variable.
. As with all written assignments, you should have in-text citations and a reference page too, all of which follow our APA requirements.
Be sure that your report contains the following:
- A title page
- An introduction
- The body of the paper that answers the questions posed in the problems and includes calculations and graphs.
- A conclusion paragraph that addresses your findings and what you have determined from the data and your analysis.
I also have the excel spreadsheet with all of the data once I approve who I want to pay
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||02/28/2014 12:00 pm