PERSONAL VALUES REPORT Check assignment check list for due dates.
The purpose of this assignment is to explore how different generations view leisure and recreation. After interviewingthree individuals from three different age groups, you will compile their responses in the form of a report and analyze their similarities and differences using concepts from "class discussions" and the text to support your statements (50 pts.).
PURPOSE: To explore how different generations view leisure and recreation.
1. Interview ONE person from THREE different age groups below:
13-24 25-45 46-59 60+
2. Ask each individual about their recreation and leisure values and record their responses via notes. Be sure to include:
- List of activities they currently participate in.
- Activities they would like to participate in and why they are interested? What is keeping them from participating?
- Their perception of what leisure is and is not.
- The importance of recreation activities and leisure experiences in their lives.
- Their views about the importance of work and recreation in their lives.
- How much money do they need to enjoy their leisure experiences?
- Other questions that you feel would add insight to you interview and comparison.
3. Type a report on each interviewee’s responses and their overall view on leisure and recreation. The paper should be 2-3 pages typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman 12 point font. In your paper: a) summarize any similarities or differences among the interviewees, b) speculate as to the reasons for theses similarities and differences among the individuals based on age, gender, race, etc. c) use concepts from the text to support your rationale.
you need to have access to the book
the book name is: PASTIMES, the context of contemporary leisure, fifth edition.