–Analyze yourself and your tools project paper
This course covers a range of topics involved in Interpersonal communication grouped into three modules. The first module deals with the things you carry with you (aware or not) that influence how you deal with communication.The second module deals with the tools you have available and the skills needed to use them in an interpersonal communication process.
You have now reviewed the chapters from the book associated with this module, completed the Invitations to Insight exercises and the Personal Inventories exam.
You now need to examine your baggage as it influences the way you communicate especially in a conflict. In more academic terms, your baggage involves your history, culture, ethnicity, emotions, roles, experiences, and communication habits.You will also need to examine your understanding of communication as a process along with the tools and skills available for effectively navigating it, especially during a conflict.
A successful paper will show that you completed all the required activities in each chapter by discussing your score or outcome on each activity as well as applying what you have learned to your discuss of your habits and skills.
Your project paper should be four (4) pages (+one page is fine,but try not to go over 5), 12 font, double spaced. Use a word processor that can save a file to a Word compatible format (.doc, .docx, .rtf). Make sure to proof-read your paper for grammar and spelling errors before you upload it for grading. Excessive errors will result in point deductions. You need to address the following 6 sections in a cohesive paper.
1. You have taken several self-assessments during your exploration of the book, invitations to insight, and inventories exam. Pick five (5) assessments from the groups below. Explain what the assessment indicated about you and how those characteristics would influence your communication during a conflict.
o Inventories exam (pick two (2) from this group) (2 elements)
• Mind Style Estimator
o Invitations to insight (pick two (2) from this group) (2 elements)
o Book (pick one (1) from this group) (1 element)
• Self-Monitoring Inventory (pg. 69, a hard copy is in the book)
2. Explain how your personal background influences the way you communicate. Include four (4) of the aspects of background from the list below in your explanation. Illustrate your explanation with a personal example.
(5 elements-including personal example)
o Social status
3. Based on your discussion above, explain how your communication habits influence your communication during a conflict. Use all three (3) aspects below in your discussion. Illustrate your explanation with a personal example. (4 elements-including personal example)
o Self-monitoring (pg. 69, a hard copy is in the book)
4. We learned about models of communication in our first Module. In thinking back to Module One, why would you find one of the models listed below more useful than others? How does your chosen model help you to understand more clearly the skills you bring to negotiation of interpersonal communication? (2 elements)
o You should use one of the models from module one (chapter 1) in your discussion.
• Linear Model
• Transactional Model
• Pragmatic Model
5. Analyze and discuss the tools you use to negotiate during interpersonal communication.
o What do you know about your listening skills?
• What is your listening style? (1 element)
• What did you learn about your listening skills based on the listening problems checklist and Dr. Orman’s keys to better listening? (1 element)
o We send messages that are both intentional and unintentional through verbal and non-verbal channels. What have you learned about your communication habits as they relate to intentional and unintentional meanings? Discuss both in terms of verbal and non-verbal messages. (4 elements)
6. We looked at psychological barriers to communication in Module One. Module Two introduces physical and physiological barriers. In your personal and professional life, analyze and discuss the physical and physiological barriers you encounter during communication. (3 elements)
(25 total elements required for Module 2 project paper)
The paper needs to be from the standpoint of a 23 year old, white male from the US.
|Due By (Pacific Time)||04/15/2014 12:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews