Assignment 1: Comparison of Two Religions
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
In this assignment, you will select two (2) religions from those studied thus far in the course (i.e., Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Daoism, and Confucianism). Next, compare and contrast them based on the criteria provided. Preferably, the two (2) religions you select are not any that you practice now or have practiced in the past.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Select two (2) religions from those that we have studied so far. Identify and describe the cultural and geographical origin of each religion.
- Identify and describe three (3) specific religious practices of each religion.
- Provide a specific example of how each religion is practiced in different parts of the world today.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Document your sources using APA Style for in-text citations and references.
- Write clearly and coherently using correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and mechanics.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the varieties of religious experience and practice in a wide range of cultures.
- Recognize how daily life within various religions and current affairs are influenced by religion.
- Develop written pieces that demonstrate an analysis of a topic relevant to the course.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in religion.
- Write clearly and concisely about world religions using proper writing mechanics.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||05/04/2014 12:00 am