1. What reasons does Peter give for the failure of his relationship with Clarissa? Find a supporting quotation.
2. What course of treatment do Dr. Holmes and Sir William Bradshaw suggest to Septimus? How does Septimus feel about this course of treatment?
3. What theme or idea are you considering working on for your research paper? Find a passage related to this theme or idea and briefly interpret the passage.
4. Who is Miss Kilman? What is her relationship to Elizabeth? Clarissa?
5. Why does Septimus commit suicide? What is Dr. Holmes' reaction?
6. In this section choose and briefly analyze another passage related to your research paper topic.
After completing Mrs. Dalloway, answer the following:
1. How does Clarissa react to Septimus' suicide? Why do you think she reacts in the way that she does?
2. After completing the novel, what is your overall impression of it? Did you find it enjoyable to read? Difficult? Was it different than or similar to other novels you have read? Would you recommend that others read it? Why or why not?
3. Choose one final passage related to your topic from this section. From the passage, what do you feel Woolf might be saying about your topic? (i.e. not what the passage itself says, but the underlying meaning or commentary)
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||05/07/2014 11:00 pm