- To get the best deal on a CD player, Tom called eight appliance stores and asked the cost of a specific model. The prices he was quoted are listed below
$ 218 $ 125 $ 381 $ 187 $ 231 $ 213 $ 309 $ 230
Find the Standard deviation
- When investigating times required for drive-through service, the following results (in seconds) were obtained. Find the range, variance, and standard deviation for each of the two samples, then compare the two sets of results.
Wendy's 110 113 133 198 124 120 154 110
McDonald's 105 116 131 176 118 110 135 137
- A company had 74 employees whose salaries are summarized in the frequency distribution below. Find the standard deviation. Find the standard deviation of the data summarized in the given frequency distribution.
Salary Number of Employees
5,001 -10,000 11
10,001 - 15,000 13
15,001 - 20,000 20
20,001 - 25,000 17
25,001 - 30,000 13
- The heights of a group of professional basketball players are summarized in the frequency distribution below. Find the standard deviation:
Height (in.) Frequency
Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good quality resource you can find. Please cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of your paper.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Your ability to describe the information provided by the Standard Deviation.
- Your ability to use the Standard Deviation to calculate the percentage of occurrence of a variable either above or below a particular value.
- Your ability to describe a normal distribution as evidenced by a bell shaped curve.
- Your ability to prepare a distribution chart from a set of data.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||05/19/2014 12:00 am