- 49, 34, and 48 students are selected from the Sophomore, Junior, and Senior classes with 496, 348, and 481 students respectively. Identify which type of sampling is used and why
- The name of each contestant is written on a separate card, the cards are placed in a bag, and three names are picked from the bag. Identify which type of sampling is used and why
- An education expert is researching teaching methods and wishes to interview teachers from a particular school district. She randomly selects ten schools from the district and interviews all of the teachers at the selected schools. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain.
- A polling company obtains an alphabetical list of names of voters in a precinct. They select every 20th person from the list until a sample of 100 is obtained. They then call these 100 people. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain.
- The personnel manager at a company wants to investigate job satisfaction among the female employees. One evening after a meeting she talks to all 30 female employees who attended the meeting. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain.
Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good quality resource you can find. Please cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of your paper.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Your ability to identify situations when sampling is appropriate.
- Your ability to draw the proper inferences about the population after the sample has been evaluated.
- Your ability to describe the process of selecting and evaluating a sample.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||05/26/2014 12:00 am