Read the following instructions in order to complete this assignment:
- Solve problem 56 on page 437 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra. Set up the two ratios and write your equation choosing an appropriate variable for the bear population.
- Complete problem 10 on page 444 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra. Show all steps in solving the problem and explain what you are doing as you go along.
- Write a two to three page paper that is formatted in APA style and according to the Math Writing Guide. Format your math work as shown in the example and be concise in your reasoning. In the body of your essay, please make sure to include:
- Your solution to the above problems, making sure to include all mathematical work, and an explanation for each step
- A discussion of the following: What form of an equation do you end up with in problem 10? What do you notice about the coefficient of x compared to the original problem? Do you think there might be another way to solve this equation for y than with the proportion method? How would you do it?
- An incorporation of the following four math vocabulary words into your paper. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing. (Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing your math work.):
- Cross multiply
The paper must be at least two pages in length and formatted according to APA style.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||03/14/2013 01:00 pm