1. Which one of the following is NOT a driving force for the adoption of health information technology?
a. Natural diffusion of technology into the medical field
b. Lower healthcare costs
c. Improved medical quality
d. Improved Joint Commission scores *
2. Which organization has been the leader in promoting information technology to decrease medical errors?
a. Institute of Medicine *
b. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
c. Department of Health and Human Services
d. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
3. Which one of the following is NOT a barrier to the adoption of health information technology?
a. Governmental support *
b. Cost of technology
d. Physician resistance
4. The Leapfrog Group promotes which one of the following to improve medical care and patient safety?
a. Disease registries
b. Patient portals
c. Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) *
d. Personal Health Records
5. Medical studies suggest that paper charts, on average, are missing what percent of the time?
6. Medical studies suggest that laboratory results are missing in paper charts approximately what percent of the time?
7. Which one of the following is NOT part of EHR “Meaningful Use”, stage 1?
a. Computerized physician order entry
b. Quality reports
c. Secure messaging
8. Which one of the following is NOT clinical decision support?
a. Secure messaging
b. Drug allergy alerts
c. Reminders for preventive medicine
9. Which one of the following is NOT part of the average office workflow?
b. Patient registration
10. Which of the following is NOT a feature of a practice management system
a. Claims submission
b. Order entry
c. Generate patient statements
d. Business correspondence
11. Health Information Organizations should be considered part of what overall system or network?
12. What is the greatest obstacle to establishing a Health Information Organization (HIO)? Select only one answer
a. Long term business plan
b. Cooperation among partners
c. Physician participation
d. Payer participation
e. Data standards
13. Which data standard will support the sharing of patient summaries?
b. SNOMED CT
c. ICD 10
14. Which of the following standards is used to for sharing images?
15. Which of the following statements is true about ELINCS?
a. It is essential for billing
b. Helps with diagnosis
c. Helps with messaging between labs and EHRs
d. It is part of LOINC
16. Which one of the following is true regarding SNOMED CT?
a. Maps (links) to LOINC and ICD-9/10
b. Currently only used in the US
c. Provides about the same detail as ICD 9
d. Not ready for Meaningful Use
17. Which one of the following is NOT true of Bluetooth?
a. Requires encryption to work
b. Has a range of about 10 meters
c. Doesn’t require line of sight
d. It requires very little power
18. Listing from the fastest to the slowest which combination is correct below?
19. Which web service frequently uses XML?
20. Which network is likely to be used by a physician accessing his/her work EHR remotely?
21. Which one of the following organizations is required to follow HIPAA law when using personal health data?
a. Life insurers
b. Health insurers
d. Workers compensation carriers
22. Which one of the following is false regarding patient rights and HIPAA law?
a. Patients can ask to see and get a copy of their health records
b. Have corrections added to their health information
c. Receive a notice that discusses how health information may be used and shared
d. Have unwanted material removed from their health records
23. Which of the following is not one of the 18 personal identifiers identified by the HIPAA Privacy Rule?
a. State of residence
b. Electronic mail addresses
c. Social security numbers
d. Medical record numbers
24. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) and the HITECH Act contained elements designed to close security loopholes in the original HIPAA laws enacted:
a. Late 1980’s
b. The mid-1990’s
c. Early 2000’s
d. There were no loopholes found in the original laws
25. What are the three pillars of information security?
a. confidentiality, availability and integrity
b. confidentiality, authentication and integrity
c. authentication, confidentiality, and availability
d. encryption, authentication, and secrecy
26. Name the three pillars of information security
a. Confidentiality, access and integrity
b. Confidentiality, barriers and safeguards
c. Confidentiality, availability and integrity
d. Confidentiality, availability and security
27. Which one of the following is NOT an example of confidentiality?
d. Single sign ons
28. Which one of the following is NOT an example of loss of availability?
c. Denial of service attack
d. Network virus
29. Which one of the following is NOT an example of authentication?
c. Smart card
30. Which one of the following was associated with a high risk of data breaches?
a. Mobile technology
b. USB drives
c. Personal health records
d. Electronic health records
31. A healthcare data breach must be reported in how many days?
32. Which one of the following is not a feature of most patient web portals?
a. Secure messaging
b. Online appointments
c. Patient education
d. Family genealogy
33. Which one of the following is not considered an advantage of secure messaging
a. Decreased phone tag
b. Excellent proven return on investment
c. Messages are self-documenting
d. Messages can be answered asynchronously
34. What is the most common type of study that addresses medical questions?
35. Your hospital has created a new program for vaginal birth after C section (VBAC). Which one of the following describes this type of program?
a. Condition management
b. Disease management
c. Lifestyle management
d. Demand management
36. Chronic diseases affect 20% of the population but account for what percent of the healthcare spending?
37. Which one of the following is not part of the usual disease management approach?
a. Reporting physicians who do not practice evidence based medicine
b. Identifying a high volume, high cost, high mortality/morbidity condition
c. Emphasizing systems and populations and not individuals
d. Coordination among multiple services and agencies
38. Select the statement that is false about disease registries
a. Free and commercial registries are available
b. Disease registries can have embedded clinical decision support tools
c. All electronic health records have disease registries
d. Registries are more user friendly when patient-level data is auto populated
39. According to CMS, which one of the following represents right care?
a. Safe care
b. Fast care
c. Cheap care
d. Remote care
40. Select one technology limitation in regards to quality improvement (QI) programs
a. Technology is not fast enough
b. Not all electronic health records can generate quality reports
c. Technology vendors are not interested in QI programs
d. All QI programs require wireless networks
41. What is the most common category of patient safety studied?
b. Preventative care
c. Medication use
d. Disease management
42. Which one of the following is a patient safety recommendation by the Institute of Medicine
a. Make e-prescribing mandatory
b. Establish a national medical error reporting system
c. Establish Medicare payment penalties for medical errors
d. Mandatory reporting of medical errors
43. Which one of the following government agencies has a patient safety network?
44. Which one of the following is not a benefit of e-prescribing?
a. Better legibility
b. Better use of preferred drugs on formulary
c. Faster to write a new prescription compared to a paper script
d. Creates a digital audit log
45. Which one of the following is an advantage of e-prescribing that is part of an EHR?
a. Provides more information to the prescriber
c. Less expensive
d. Faster than standalone programs
46. For physicians who treat Medicare patients in 2011, what is the bonus they can receive for e-prescribing that is not part of an EHR?
a. 1 %
b. 2 %
c. 3 %
d. 4 %
47. Which one of the following is true regarding e-prescribing?
a. There is only one way physicians can be reimbursed for e-prescribing
b. No new errors have been found due to e-prescribing
c. Many prescriptions are created electronically, but printed out and faxed to a pharmacy
d. E-prescribing is on the decline
48. Which one of the following is not an advantage of PACS?
a. Smaller storage space
b. Fewer lost films
c. Zoom feature
d. Inability to be viewed on a smartphone
49. Which one of the following is a sentinel surveillance system?
a. Behavioral risk factor surveys
b. Electronic health record alert for elevated cholesterol
c. Designated location that can generate high quality data that may predict a larger population
d. Emergency room visit for fever
50. Which of the following statements is false about the RODS program?
a. Software is free
b. Uses data from hospital operating rooms
c. Developed by the University of Pittsburg
d. Uses eight syndrome categories
|Due By (Pacific Time)||03/27/2013 11:00 pm|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews