This assignment contributes to the completion of the following units. They are assessed together:
· CHCMH402B – Apply understanding of mental health issues and recovery processes
· CHCMH404B – Conduct assessment and planning as part of the recovery process
· CHCMH501A – Provide advanced supports to facilitate recovery
· CHCMH409A–Facilitate consumer, family & carer participation in the recovery process
· CHCMH405A – Work collaboratively to support recovery process
· This assignment must be completed in a relevant workplace.
· Before undertaking this assignment, you should have found a suitable organisation that agrees to accept you for the work placement. If you are currently employed in the alcohol and other drugs and/or mental health sector, you can use your own workplace to complete this assignment.
· Firstly, complete all of the theory (reading and exercises)
· Complete any online quiz and written assignments for these units.
· This workplace assignment for these five (5) units is linked – you only need to submit it once.
· If you are not yet working in the alcohol and other drugs and/or mental health sector, you may leave all of the workplace assignments in your course until you have completed all theory and written assignments.
In this workplace assignment, you will be required to complete two (2) tasks:
· Task 1 – nominate a suitable client from your work place and answer all three (3) questions.
· Task 2 – using the same client from Task 1, compile a report.
Your client will need to have a mental health issue. You are expected to utilise a range of workplace resources to complete all the relevant aspects of this assignment.
· You will need to gain consent from your Supervisor to use the information you gather for this assignment and you will need to include a completed Supervisor’s Statement (provided below).
· Remember to ask the client for permission to access their notes and use their details to base your assignment on.
· Ensure all names are changed, to ensure anonymity and confidentiality.
If you have received recognition for any of the units being assessed in this assignment (CHCMH402B, CHCMH404B, CHCMH501A, CHCMH409A and/or CHCMH405A) then you must contact your teacher to determine which components of this assignment you are required to complete.
CHCMH501A is a graded unit. Each task/question/section is awarded marks as specified. The marks contribute to overall grade for the unit depending on the weighting of each assessment task.
CHCMH402B, CHCMH404B, CHCMH409A and CHCMH405A are competency based. In order to be deemed competent in these units you must satisfy all elements specific to the units, the essential knowledge and the critical aspects of assessment in a range of situations. Each assignment has been developed to cover these criteria and your OTEN teacher will review all assignments and approve your overall result to deem you competent in each unit.
All components of the assignment need to be submitted and a mark of at least 50% to achieve a pass result for this assignment.
Please reference your work. Referencing guides are available on the OLS under Assessment Guidelines
Research indicates that the involvement of a carers and family members can aid in the recovery process for clients with a mental illness. Burge (2007) states that:
“When family & friends stay actively engaged the person with the mental illness is more likely to avoid some of the more devastating outcomes of the illness such as social alienation, interaction with justice systems, homelessness and the development of chronic relapse patterns”
Utilising the client/case study you have nominated from your workplace (or another service that provides assistance to consumers and carers), discuss the merits of Burge’s claim. Please include:
· An example of a Recovery Plan that you have compiled (utilising the information and input of a person experiencing mental health issues) and that has successfully incorporated specific roles for family members and carers.
· A description of your role in engaging, supporting, encouraging and reviewing/monitoring the involvement of carers in the client’s recovery process.
· An evaluation of the client’s progress and the client’s and carer’s effectiveness of this involvement.
Utilising the same case study information, you must complete a report which includes the following:
· Utilising the information and resources of other relevant practitioners, you are required to:
Plan, conduct, review and describe a comprehensive assessment with a person who is experiencing mental health issues. In conjunction with other relevant practitioners, you are required to formulate a relevant diagnosis, utilising a relevant and current DSM IV/V.
· On the basis of the diagnosis formulated above, you are required to Design, implement and review a comprehensive Recovery Plan. Include in your response all the methods of support selected and evidence used to support the efficacy of these methods.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of the recovery plan. Include in your answer a description of any barriers to recovery that were encountered and how these were addressed.
|Due By (Pacific Time)||08/08/2014 12:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews