This assignment contributes to the completion of the following units. They are assessed together:
· CHCMH402B – Apply understanding of mental health issues and recovery processes
· CHCMH404B – Conduct assessment and planning as part of the recovery process
· CHCMH501A – Provide advanced supports to facilitate recovery
· CHCMH409A–Facilitate consumer, family & carer participation in the recovery process
· CHCMH405A – Work collaboratively to support recovery process
· This assignment must be completed in a relevant workplace.
· Before undertaking this assignment, you should have found a suitable organisation that agrees to accept you for the work placement. If you are currently employed in the alcohol and other drugs and/or mental health sector, you can use your own workplace to complete this assignment.
· Firstly, complete all of the theory (reading and exercises)
· Complete any online quiz and written assignments for these units.
· This workplace assignment for these five (5) units is linked – you only need to submit it once.
· If you are not yet working in the alcohol and other drugs and/or mental health sector, you may leave all of the workplace assignments in your course until you have completed all theory and written assignments.
In this workplace assignment, you will be required to:
· Nominate a suitable client from your work place and answer all eight (8) questions.
Your client will need to have a mental health issue. You are expected to utilise a range of workplace resources to complete all the relevant aspects of this assignment.
· You will need to gain consent from your Supervisor to use the information you gather for this assignment and you will need to include a completed Supervisor’s Statement (provided below).
· Remember to ask the client for permission to access their notes and use their details to base your assignment on.
· Ensure all names are changed, to ensure anonymity and confidentiality.
If you have received recognition for any of the units being assessed in this assignment (CHCMH402B, CHCMH404B, CHCMH501A, CHCMH409A and/or CHCMH405A) then you must contact your teacher to determine which components of this assignment you are required to complete.
CHCMH501A is a graded unit. Each task/question/section is awarded marks as specified. The marks contribute to overall grade for the unit depending on the weighting of each assessment task.
CHCMH402B, CHCMH404B, CHCMH409A and CHCMH405A are competency based. In order to be deemed competent in these units you must satisfy all elements specific to the units, the essential knowledge and the critical aspects of assessment in a range of situations. Each assignment has been developed to cover these criteria and your OTEN teacher will review all assignments and approve your overall result to deem you competent in each unit.
All components of the assignment need to be submitted and a mark of at least 50% to achieve a pass result for this assignment.
Please reference your work. Referencing guides are available on the OLS under Assessment Guidelines
1. Write a brief summary of the main issues pertaining to your nominated client; including mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues, as relevant.
You will need to clearly articulate any specific areas of concern, and how it is being effectively managed.
Please ensure you omit or delete any identifying information.
2. Why is a person-centred and holistic approach to working with your client important and how does it assist in their individual recovery?
Provide an example of how this was undertaken with your nominated client.
3. What sort of information would you seek in doing a holistic assessment of this client that may assist in the recovery process?
Include any assessment tools which might be appropriate to use with the client.
4. Identify any barriers that your client has experienced as a result of their mental health issues that may have impeded their recovery. That is, was the client stigmatised by their mental illness? Did they find it difficult to access and utilise services and resources as a specific result of their mental illness?
5. How has the client utilised a range of support services to assist in their recovery?
(This may include family member/s, friends, carers, support groups, etc.)
6. Why is a collaborative approach with of a range of individuals, services and other stakeholders important to the client’s ‘journey of recovery’?
7. Discuss the importance of conducting client assessment in accordance with your agency protocols and in accordance with defined guidelines.
8. Discuss the importance of implementing an intervention and recovery plan which supports the client’s strengths, interests and sense of well-being and self-determination.
|Due By (Pacific Time)||08/08/2014 12:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews