Working individually, conduct research on the economic performance of ONE (1)
country over the last ten years, from 2004 to 2013, applying the macroeconomic
indicators of real GDP, real GDP growth rate, real GDP per capita , unemployment rate
and inflation rate to argue whether you think the performance to be strong or weak.
Discuss the performance of the economy over those ten years and provide evidence
and explanations for the economic performance such as a high unemployment rate,
high inflation rate and/or steady, long-term economic growth. Where appropriate, you
should also explain how the policies of the government aim to achieve full employment,
stable price and/or economic growth.
More marks will be awarded for reports which provide more detailed discussion and in-
depth analysis. The essay shall be about 1,200 words (+/- 10%).
iii) Assignment Format
The essay should be presented in the following format.
· Provide an overview of the economy chosen
Production Output Performance Analysis
· GDP, GDP growth rate, GDP per capita analysis
· Describe and explain performance trends
· Government’s measures to achieve the economic performance
Labour Market Analysis
· Describe unemployment trends
· Types of unemployment
· Government measures to achieve full employment
Price Level Analysis
· Describe the inflation trend
· Causes of inflation
· Government measures to achieve stable price
· Summary of key highlights of discussion
iv) Assignment Style
All sources referred to in your essay, including any diagrams, must be referenced to in-
text and be included in a full reference list at the end of the assignment, according to the
APA system of referencing. Use the following Kaplan resource to assist you to do this
accurately and consistently:
use the APA referencing and citation format
The reference above will also supply you with the Assignment Style rules followed in
In short, the main things to apply are as follows:
1. Write your name clearly on the cover page using the Lecturer’s Comment Form
2. Your assignment should be type-written.
3. Spacing 1.5 with font size 12 using Arial font style.
4. Include page no.
5. Include a Reference Page at the end of your assignment.
2.0) RELEVANT MODULE LEARNING OUTCOMES ASSESSED:
A. Describe and evaluate a range of current economic issues and problems.
B. Develop and communicate economic arguments in a variety of forms.
E. Evaluate the performance of the national economy.
G. Discuss and explain the economic problems of unemployment and inflation.
H. Identify and apply fiscal policy to achieve macroeconomic stability.
1.1) EMBEDDED SKILLS ASSESSED:
· The ability to conduct research.
· The ability to analyse data and information.
· The ability to think, read and write critically.
|Due By (Pacific Time)||08/12/2014 12:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews