Perhaps nothing is a more sensitive issue than compensation. For this assignment, you will review a scenario about a chain of health clubs that would like to standardize their compensation, and you will create a presentation that explains how the management team of the fitness chain can develop a strategic compensation program.
Fitness Pro is a chain of health clubs with locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan. The five-year-old company has experienced rapid growth and high costs. The executive team would like to create a plan that controls wage costs and incents employees. Because you are the head of the human resources department, they have approached you for direction on solving this problem. Fitness Pro's strategic objectives are to open fewer new centers each year and focus on increasing member enrollment and renewal at existing centers. This supports the company's overall goal of increasing profitability.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation for Fitness Pro's executive team suggesting they develop a strategic compensation program to standardize wages and incent employees. Use the following guidelines:
- Slide 1: Give your presentation title, plus your name, the assignment number, and the date.
- Slide 2: Describe what strategic compensation is and how it can support the company's business objectives, i.e., why the company should develop a strategic compensation plan for Fitness Pro.
- Slide 3: Explain the specific steps the human resources team should take to develop a strategic compensation program.
- Slide 4: Explain factors the Fitness Pro management team should consider when setting wages for positions.
- Slide 5: Present your conclusion and references.
When preparing a presentation, remember the following:
- Text should be legible, and background, animation, and graphics should work visually with one another. None of the elements (text, background, animation, and graphics) should be distracting.
- Your presentation should be proofread for accuracy in content and grammar.
- Citations of your sources should be in APA style, including any graphics or images that you use.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/12/2014 12:00 am