1-2 pages APA style
Current event article related to economics but does not directly talk about it.
Include examples/relate to it.
News that affect economics but not directly related to it. Have to extract eco part from it.
So far we have covered first 3 chapters of macroeconomics
1. Exploring economics
micro vs macro/ec theories/ceteris paribus/trade off/ oport cost/specialization/incentives
2. Production, economic growth and trade
resources/production and effienciency/economic/grow/technological change
3.Supply and Demand
You will choose articles of interest to you. These must pertain somehow to a relevant class topic or an economic insight discussed in class. Your job is to analyze, gather data, and conclude how the chosen article connects to the class material. Grading emphasis will be placed on work you put in to show that you can use the economic tools learned in class in writing your paper. You must submit an outline of your paper with supportive ideas and a tentative structure of your paper in class a week from due date, or risk being penalized with 20% of your grade.
Grading Breakdown of Papers:
Selection of Topic 10% is it a current event as outlined in this syllabus?
Structure and Development 20% see Gordon rubric above. Is it APA compliant?
Connection to the material from class 50% your chance to show you had been following class material
Conclusion and provides a possible solution 20% wrapping it up with style; make sure you have nailed it
Format and Structural Guidelines:
1) The Paper must be Typed and double spaced. (APA Format)
2) One inch margins all around the page
3) Font 12, Times New Roman or Arial ONLY
4) Every paper must have a Cover Page and a References page as requested in APA
5) Select a current event/topic appropriate to the chapters and sections being covered in class at the time you write the paper. Stay away from topics in journals and economic papers that discuss an economic concept directly, such as an article on unemployment, or on economic recovery, etc. You can use msn.com, yahoo.com news, cnn, fox, or news from any major broadcasting company in your search for a current event. To ease up your work, you should choose a topic that you are familiar, or have some experience, with.
Use the following to guide you through the writing of your paper.
1) Introduce your article’s idea: In the abstract you can also include your own idea(s).
2) What is the article’s main idea? Explain in your own words what the article is about.
3) What is the issue at hand, what is the author’s point of view, how is the author substantiating his opinion on the matter?
4) Use multiple sources to gain from more perspectives
5) End it by providing your opinion on the matter. Here is your last opportunity to connect the content of the article with the material learned in class. Any claims you make must be substantiated with supportive data
Include a bibliography page and a cover page. Project MUST be APA style. The article is due on the due date as listed on page 1, NOT later. The use of wikipedia, any other internet blog, question-answer website as a source in not acceptable. Make sure you use acceptable (recognized) sources. Your project will be checked for academic irregularities; you will receive a Zero if the project is found to be someone else’s partial or entire work. No LATE WORK will be accepted.
draft due 9/17/14
final paper 1-2 pages due 9/23/14
|Due By (Pacific Time)||09/17/2014 08:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews