You will write a comparison and contrast essay of at least 850 words (not counting the heading or title; the maximum word length is 1,000 words) that evaluates two subjects using the same set of criteria (at least three), and then determines which of the two is superior based on these criteria.
Again, this paper cannot simply list the similarities or differecnes between the two subjects. There must be a larger point you are trying to make--some significance youre comparison and contrast is trying to illustrate.
1. Compare and contrast a novel (or graphic novel) and its film or TV adaptation.
2. Compare and contrast two politicians, public figures, musicians or singers, or professional athletes.
3. Compare and contrast a movie and its re-make or “re-imagining.”
4. Compare and contrast two authors (of whatever genre).
· Your essay must be typed in 12-point font (Times New Roman, Cambria, Calibri, or Arial), it must be double-spaced, and it must have 1” margins; also, the heading, header and pagination must conform to MLA format.
o Note: formatting your paper inappropriately will adversely affect your grade.
· Failure to meet the minimum word count will result in an automatic deduction of 25 PTS.
· You may use the first-person voice (“I” or “We”), but you may not use the second-person voice (“You”) unless it is part of a direct quotation.
· You are not required to cite any outside sources, but if you do, you must correctly acknowledge direct quotations as such and provide citations for these and all indirect quotations or any referenced material. Last, all borrowed ideas must be correctly acknowledged both in-text and on a works cited page (note: this page will not count toward the minimum word count).
o If you do cite outside material, failure to provide the appropriate citations will constitute plagiarism. This will prevent your essay from being graded, which is the same as earning a 0/“F.”
· You must provide an electronic version of this paper via e-mail (attached as a .doc, .docx or .rtf file)
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/24/2014 01:00 pm