EN120 English Composition I
Directions: Be sure to make an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English spelling and grammar. Your response should be a maximum of two (2) double-spaced pages in length; refer to the “Assignment Format” page for specific format requirements.
For Questions 1-5, select the appropriate words for the sentence. (7 points each)
1. Although the Smiths had (already, all ready) eaten dinner, they (aloud, allowed) Johnnie to prepare his plate at the stove and join them at the table.
2. Sarah (choose, chose) to go on the field trip to Atlanta and was nearly (busting, bursting) with energy as she boarded the bus.
3. I believe the paper napkins will (affect, effect) the color scheme you selected for the wedding (regardless, irregardless) of what Ms. Compton says.
4. We shall (precede, proceed) with the bake sale, and all (proceeds, proceed) will go to the Children’s Mission.
5. “(Can, May) I attend the party with Bert?” I asked Dad. “I (no, know) he’s not (your, you’re) favorite person.”
For questions, 6-10, select the correct word for each of the following sentences. (7 points each)
6. People can often work (to, two, too) much, which leads to burnout.
7. (Your, You’re) understanding of this novel is so (thorough, through, though).
8. He (sat, set) the plant on the windowsill so that it could take advantage of the pretty (weather, whether).
9. Blake didn’t (no, know) if he (passed, past) his exam.
10. You must (accept, except) the fact that his (been, being) here (effects, affects) you greatly.
11. In a paragraph, define “plagiarism” (10 points), and discuss two (2) ways to avoid plagiarism in your writing (10 points each). (Possible total of 30 points for #11)
Use the following format requirements on all submissions.
Writing Style APA (American Psychological Association)
Note: To find detailed information on APA manuscript style guidelines on the Internet, go to www.apastyle.org.
Margins 1” all sides
Paragraphs The entire document should be double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5" x 11")
Type Style and Size Times New Roman, 12 point
Software MS Word
The following information should be on the first page on the top left side of the page in the format provided below. Do not provide a cover sheet.
Student Identification Number
Course Number and Title
Assignment Number and Title
Date of Submission
|Due By (Pacific Time)||09/25/2014 12:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews