For this assignment, you will write a 6-8 page research paper examining a specific topic of contemporary history and formulating your own opinion on it. Your paper must contain an introduction and conclusion as well as evidence of critical thinking. Your paper topic must be approved by your instructor. Make sure your topics are specific as possible and within the scope of this course.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to: The Great Depression, The Russian Revolution, World War II, Internment Camps, Fascism and Nazism, The Cold War, Industrialization, Music in the 20th Century, The Chinese Revolutions, Imperialism, Communism, Civil Rights Movement, World War I, The Spanish Civil War, Technological Revolution...
In the paper you must utilize research to:
- Provide a description of your topic, applying historical terms correctly.
- Describe the political, cultural, social, and historical context of your topic.
- Describe the factors that resulted in the main formative events of the twentieth century as it relates to your topic.
- Identify key characters, trends, movements, events, and associated policies in regarding your topic.
- Discuss how the culture(s) affected by your topic acted. Analyze why members of the particular culture(s) behaved as they did.
- Discuss at least two conflicting interpretations (from research) of the topic. Evaluate the validity of each interpretation, and formulate your own opinion about the topic with justifications.
You must cite at least four credible sources in your paper from a variety of different types of sources using MLA or APA formatting. Full in-text citations must be provided, and all sources must be listed on a separate reference page.