1) Shown below are lists of animals and the people who own them. Create a database which contains this data and properly maintains the relationships. Please name your database "Assign1.accdb"
2) Query your database to determine which animals have not been fixed. Save your query as "Q1_2."
3) Query your database to show all pets except the cats, and their owners. Save your query as "Q1_3."
4) Query your database to show all pets which are more than 7 years old, and their owners, in increasing order of age. Save your query as "Q1_4."
5) Query your database to show all the relevant information as it would be displayed in a flat-file format. Save your query as "Q1_5."
Name Species Sex Color Age Fixed
Bob Dog Male Yellow 9 No
Beatrice Cat Female Grey 5 Yes
Fluffy Turtle Female Green 47 No
Albert Cat Male Yellow 10 No
Horse Cat Male Grey 3 Yes
Cybil Dog Female Black 5 Yes
Willie Dog Male Brown 7 Yes
Goober Goat Female White 6 No
Larry Llama Male Brown 4 No
Laura Llama Female Brown 4 No
Maggie Dog Female White 13 Yes
Chloe Dog Female Black 3 Yes
Willie Cat Male Brown 6 Yes
Albert Dog Male Black 4 No
Larry Cat Male Brown 4 Yes
Molly Hatchet Fluffy the Turtle, Willie the Dog
Jim Dandy Albert the Cat, Larry the Cat
John Johnson Bob the Dog, Cybil the Dog, Horse the Cat, Willie the Cat
Molly Johnson Beatrice the Cat, Goober the Goat, Albert the Dog
Willie Stargell Laura the Llama
Andy Dandy Maggie the Dog, Larry the Llama
Jim Crackcorn Chloe the Dog
Use the Pets database (that you created for Assignment 1) for the following exercises.
1) There are four veterinarians in town to whom the owners take their pets, as listed below. Create a table to hold this data.
Dr. Vern Blanston, 319 Martin St., 838-4603
Dr. Peggy Hill, 933 Hola Dr., 291-7225
Dr. Maggie Simpson, 1271 Pacifier Lane, 732-2006
Dr. Dale Gribble, 1225 Marlboro Ave., 481-8008
2) Create the proper relationships to implement the following facts. Make sure that your design is such that you don’t unnecessarily contain redundant data in your tables.
Molly Hatchet and Andy Dandy take all their animals to Dr. Simpson
Jim Dandy, John Johnson, and Molly Johnson take all their animals to Dr. Blanston
Willie Stargell takes all his animals to Dr. Hill
Jim Crackcorn takes all his animals to Dr. Gribble
Willie Stargell and Andy Dandy both take their llamas to Dr. Gribble
Molly Hatchet takes her turtle to Dr. Hill
Molly Johnson takes her goat to Dr. Gribble
3) Enforce referential integrity for all relationships in your database.
4) Ensure in your database that only certain values (dogs, cats, llamas, turtles, and goats) will be accepted for the species of animals.
5) Query your database to show the name, species, owner, and vet for all animals, ordered by vets’ names. Save your query as “Q2_5.”
|Due By (Pacific Time)||09/30/2014 08:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews