Paper is only half a page. will pay 15 for it. thanks
Need a half page discussion on a question:
Should U. S. public schools be eliminated?
Public schools inadequately educate too many children. But 86% of all school children attend public schools which have a near monopoly on education and face no competition for those children.
Why not turn education over to non-profit groups, religious institutions, and for-profit corporations which could do the job more efficiently and instill mainstream values in the children?
Argue for and against this proposal.
Please use order and conflict theories to answer.
2. If you exceed required posts, I will ONLY read the FIRST POST LABELED AS "ORIGINAL ANSWER" in each thread.
Additional responses will NOT count toward points for Discussion Thread grade, NOR will they count as extra credit, or toward points for other course work.
You can, of course, respond to your classmates with additional answers if you so choose.
3. DO NOT use logical fallacies in reasoning or unsupported claims when constructing your arguments/answers. See Unit 1 Lecture 3 for more specifics about logical fallacies.
Also, in threads and in this course in general-- DO NOT use psychological, biological, and genetic arguments or explanations, or cliches (examples: "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer," or "that's how it's always been") to explain human social behavior.
Do not focus ONLY on the individual person, as groups and institutions are the units of analysis in Sociology.
4. TO EARN THE MAXIMUM 50 POINTS FOR EACH OF THE DISCUSSION THREADS IN UNITS 2-8 YOU MUST:
--Name and correctly apply 2 theories in each labeled original post;
--Demonstrate sound sociological thinking and analysis in posts;
--Post early and meet required numbers;
--Don’t wait until the last day to post responses;
--Challenge each other to clarify and defend responses and analyses (without any personal attacks).
5. Please note: posts in Discussion Threads are NOT for personal opinions and personal comments (feel free to use the Discussion Café under Course Home for these)--ORIGINAL RESPONSES need to be focused directly on the discussion questions presented and answered with sociological theories and supporting evidence.
The original post can EITHER answer discussion thread question directly, OR respond to a classmate's answer to discussion thread question. IN EITHER CASE, the original post must be focused on answering the discussion thread question. Do not use original posts to discuss peripheral issues.
When responding to a classmate's answer as part of an ORIGINAL RESPONSE, simply agreeing or disagreeing is not sufficient. Use theories and supportive evidence to explain how and why, and keep focus on discussion thread question.
Originality means translating course readings information, concepts and examples into your own words, not repeating them verbatim. Also, students can and should come up with other/additional examples, and not repeat what other students have already posted.
TWO sociological theories are required in each original post. Theories need to be stated and applied correctly. DO NOT use theories’ definitions—apply them to answer questions.
PLEASE NOTE: LOGICAL FALLACIES, BIOLOGICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL EXPLANATIONS, AND HUMAN NATURE ARGUMENTS ARE NOT TO BE USED IN SOCIOLOGICAL ANALYSES WHEN ANSWERING DISCUSSION THREAD QUESTIONS, OR IN OTHER COURSE ASSIGNMENTS
TO EARN THE MAXIMUM 50 POINTS IN THIS DISCUSSION THREAD ASSIGNMENT YOU MUST:
1. NAME AND CORRECTLY APPLY 2 THEORIES IN EACH POST;
2. DEMONSTRATE SOUND SOCIOLOGICAL THINKING AND ANALYSIS IN POSTS AND RESPONSES;
3. POST EARLY AND MEET REQUIRED NUMBERS--1 original response to each question.
4. DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST DAY;
5. CHALLENGE EACH OTHER TO EXPLAIN/DEFEND YOUR ANALYSES AND POSITIONS.
Discussion posts are not for personal opinions and personal comments--they need to be focused on the discussion questions presented and answered with sociological theories and supporting evidence.
Use your own words, paraphrase, and try to come up with your own examples in your analyses. Also, don't just use the theories' definitions to answer--apply them, analyze and answer the questions with sociological theories.
|Due By (Pacific Time)||10/04/2014 05:00 pm|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews