• Write a 1-2 page gender analysis of the photo (I'd prefer if it was at least 1 & 1/2). You should analyze the photo from the following perspectives:
• 1. Surface Meaning (what is being depicted?)
• 2. Message (what is the aim or goal of the representation?)
• 3. Us vs Them (Who is the authority and who is the audience? What binaries are depicted in the image?)
• 4. Cultural Meaning (a. What are cultural assumptions about gender, sexuality and race; b. what ideologies about gender, sexuality and race does the photo promote)
• 5. Positionality – what are the different interpretations based on the gender, class, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, etc. of the people in the photo?
Your analysis should be written up in essay form. This means you should write in full sentences, use paragraphs, and observe formal punctuation rules. Before you post your essay, please re-read it for typos and spelling errors. Typed in Microsoft Word, 12 pt font size, double spaced, Times New Roman font.
Please follow and cover all the instuctions/questions above. If you have any questions, please message me on here. Thanks.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||10/24/2014 05:00 am