This is the next section I need help with
Location & Layout
- How will your formal site evaluation be conducted?
- How many square feet will you need?
- Will you build, buy, or lease? (Your textbook discusses how to make this decision.)
- How much is your budget for building, buying, or leasing a location?
- Is your proposed location appropriate for what you plan to do there (e.g., size of facility, existing fixtures, zoning rules,laws and tax policies, communications wiring, electricity and air conditioning, )?
- Is the traffic rate of the site under consideration sufficient and does the traffic pattern match the characteristics of your market?
- How important is customer accessibility to your location decision (e.g., convenient walking distances, parking, center turning lane, wheel chair access, automatic door opening, public transportation, etc.)
- Will more customers come, if you locate near other similar businesses? Inversely, is there vulnerability of the site to unfriendly competition?
- Will the reputation of the neighborhood or a particular building help draw customers?
- Will a home-based business be a possibility? (Don't forget the zoning issue.)
- Can semi-trucks deliver to the location?
Layout (Physical Facility) Questions:
- What is the major objective in your facility layout?
- If you are planning for a manufacturing business, what combination of product line and function layouts will you use and why?
- If you are planning for a retail business, will you use a grid, boutique, or free-form interior design and why? Where will you place high and low demand items and why?
- If your are planning for a service business, what special layout will you use and why?
- What type of equipment do you need for your business?
- What type of machinery will you need?
- What types of office equipment will you need (phone system, counter, shelving, desk, computer, copy machine, paper cutter, calculator, cash registers, etc.)?
- What types of signage will use and why?
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/07/2014 10:00 pm