An IDE, or Integrated Development Environment, is the software used to write programming code. Based on your knowledge, experience and ideas, present and discuss one of the IDEs from the list below. Note that you may not use Visual Studio Professional, Visual C# Express, or Visual Web Developer Express. If you wish you may choose a non-Microsoft IDE that is not on the list below.
- Visual Studio for Windows Phone
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
- XCode (from Apple)
- NetBeans (Used in this class)
- JBuilder (JDeveloper)
After selecting an IDE, answer and discuss at least three of the following questions.
- What language(s) is this IDE intended for use with? Discuss.
- Is this IDE mainly used for desktop applications, Web applications, or Mobile applications, or a combination? Explain.
- Does this IDE's editor include an auto-correct feature? Discuss.
- What kind of help system is included, and can it provide help with commands in the selected programming language?
- If the IDE includes a debugger, discuss its features and functions.
- When was the IDE introduced, and what version is it on now? Is it popular, and if so, why? Briefly discuss the history of this IDE.
You must reply to two other students this week. When doing so, you may optionally answer one of the unanswered questions about their chosen IDE.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/11/2014 05:00 pm