Review the “Sector Overviews” and “Partnerships” sections of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Critical Infrastructure Resource Center.
Select a critical infrastructure sector that interests you and imagine that you are working in a position in this sector.
Write a 750-word paper based on the job position and critical infrastructure sector you selected.
Answer the following questions in your paper:
- What department, agency, or government partner do you work for? It must be from one of the following categories:
- Federal, state, or local agency (other than the Department of Homeland Security)
- Tribal nation
- Private-sector owner or operator
- What is your position title? What are your job responsibilities? If you are an owner or operator, define your business and its involvement in protecting critical infrastructure.
- What is nationalcritical infrastructure, and how does it relate to your job position?
- What is your organization’s role in the critical infrastructure sector?
- Why are partnerships important in the critical infrastructure field? Who are your organization’s potential partners at various government levels? Who are your organization’s potential partners in the private sector?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Write a 700- word summary about how individuals or groups attack Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) to harm the U.S. critical infrastructure.
Include the following in your summary:
- Define the term SCADA.
- Describe how an attack on SCADA systems can pose risks to infrastructure assets.
- Describe ways to identify vulnerabilities in SCADA systems.
- Explain how SCADA systems might face threats from outside the United States.
- Describe the tools and techniques used to protect against a global attack on SCADA.
- Describe how resilience should be incorporated into SCADA systems.
Format your summary consistent with APA guidelines.
Project does not have any attached files
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/13/2014 12:00 am