Please write do two seperate files for part 1 and part 2... thank you!
How many three-letter words (not necessarily meaningful) can be formed from the word "compiler" if no letters can be repeated?
In how many ways can a president and vice president be selected from a group of 20 people?
In how many ways can a committee of 3 be chosen from a group of 12 people?
The total number of points is 12. Your total score will be divided by 12 to produce
a score over 100. Show all work. You don’t need to compute an exact answer.
Number-only answers will be ignored.
A club with 17 women and 21 men needs to form a committee of size 7: (1 points each)
1. How many committees are possible?
2. How many committees are possible if a committee must have 3 women and 4
3. How many committees are possible if a committee must consist of all women or
4. How many committees are possible if a committee must have at least 3 women?
5. How many committees are possible if a committee must have exactly one women?
6. How many committees of seven different executive positions are possible? (e.g.,
chair, treasurer, secretary, etc.)
In the questions below, suppose a “word” is a string of 8 letters of the alphabet with
repeated letters allowed: (1 point each)
1. How many words are there?
2. How many words end with the letter T?
3. How many words begin with R and end with T?
4. How many words start with A or B?
5. How many words begin with A or end with B?
A bowl contains 10 red balls and 10 blue balls. A woman selects balls at random
without looking at them. We assume that the woman does not replace the balls after
drawing them. What is the least number of balls she must select to be sure of having at
least three balls of the same color? Explain.(1 point)
|Due By (Pacific Time)||11/14/2014 12:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews