I need to use empirical sources, if any sources are used. Empirical sources are needed and expected for "A" work
- Citations and references need to be in APA format. No exceptions. Improper APA citations will be docked up to 15%
- 1.) Compare and contrast classical, neoclassical, and positivist schools of criminology.
- 2.) Beccaria proposed six ways to deter crime. What are they? Do you think his ideas were sound? Are they seen today in our current justice system?
- 3.) Explain in detail the routine activities theory. How could it be used to help prevent/deter crime?
- 4.) Summarize the strengths and weaknesses of genetic–crime linkages. Which one is most damaging to the arguments? Which one is most supportive?
- 5.) Can you see a way to make twin or adoption studies more definitive in the search for a genetic basis of crime? Can we do it ethically?
- 6.) Do genes or environment have a bigger influence over behavior? Support your answer.
- 7.) How can we distinguish correlation from causation?
- 8.) Is there a crime gene? Why or why not?
- 9.) How might low intelligence influence criminal behavior? Is there strong empirical evidence to support this?
- 10. You have been asked by your employer, the Division of Youth Services, to prepare a proposal to fund early-intervention programs for at-risk families and their children. What do you include as theoretical and empirical support?
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/15/2014 09:00 pm