This assignment has two parts.
Part 1: How do men’s/women’s magazines and the overall media contribute to the construction of masculinity and femininity? Be very specific and provide plenty of evidence.
Part 2: What effect do the media have on children’s perceptions of gender roles? Provide clear examples.
Tie both parts together in your conclusion. Tell me the affect the media has on women/men advertising, children and their perception of gender identity, and how can “White masculinity” remain dominate in an increasingly diverse America?
- Double spaced, typed, and written in Times New Roman, 12-font.
- 3-5 pages. The cover page is NOT considered a page)
- This is an analysis assignment, EVIDENCE MUST BE INCLUDED
- Write in accordance to this outline.
EACH POINT SHOULD BE A PARAGRAPH OF IT'S OWN
- Brief introduction to the effects of media
- How has masculinity been presented in media (Provide Clear Examples)
- How has females been presented in media (Provide Clear Examples)
- How has the media contributed overall in both masculinity and females(Is it fair? Bias thinkings? Men dominates the media industry?
- Why has media portrayed both male and female as such and what is the aim in it
- What effects does it have on children and how it affects the future generation. (Provide Clear Examples)
- Conclude with a personal opinion.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||12/06/2014 11:00 pm