All programs except the very simple ones have defects. Defects can cause unexpected results in program output that can go undetected and cost money to a company, and they can make a program halt and lose user data. It is important to handle defects to make sure these problems are minimized. One of the best ways to accomplish this goal in programs is to use exception handling.
Based on your knowledge, experience and ideas, explain exception handling in a programming language of your choice. You may use the same language you used for the Unit 3 and 4 DBs, or a different language.
- Discuss 2-3 of the following questions in your post:
- What is the basic operation of a try/catch block in this language? How does this compare with other languages, such as C#?
- Does the language have specific categories of errors that can be trapped independently, or not? How does this compare with other languages?
- Is there a difference between error handling and exception handling?
- Give an example of how exception handling can be used in a program. Is this the same or different from C#?
- How would you apply exception handling in a specific program? (Give an example.)
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format should be correct and professional.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||12/09/2014 06:00 pm