Write an essay to critically reflect on how cultural self-awareness is an important component of cultural intelligence. You should first define the terms cultural intelligence and cultural self-awareness.
Please use the following readings (Spencer-Oatley (2012 p.1-2, 16-17), Taipale (2012 p.173-178), Russell (2011 p. 29-35), Quappe and Cantatore (2005) and Brislin, Worthley and Macnab (2006) and personal examples, which draw on observations and experiences to discuss how and why cultural self-awareness assists people to be more culturally intelligent.
This assignment should be written in an essay structure which includes an introduction, body and conclusionas well as references.
As a reflective essay we expect you to write in the first person when you are recounting examples from your experience. So you will be moving between third person when you discuss the readings and first person when you describe your experiences that illustrate the points being made in the readings.
The reading from Russell (2011) also illustrates the integration of personal reflection with the literature.
Ensure you have read the specific pages of the following readings:
- Spencer-Oatey (2012) pp. 1-17
- Taipale (2012) pp. 173-178
- Russell (2011) pages 29-35 to identify critical reflection writing style
- Brislin, Worthley and McNab (2006) pp.40-43
- Quappe and Cantatore (whole article).
Structuring the critical reflection:
Your critical reflection should be an example of academic writing.
Your essay should have an introduction that includes
the following information:
- background information
- putting the assessment task into your own
- a thesis statement/topic: an initial thesis statement
- introduces and anchors your argument or discussion
- expresses your viewpoint or stand on the subject.
- an outline of the structure of your reflection – what are the different parts
- scope – this is optional. It may not be appropriate to the reflection. The scope
should outline the limits of the discussion.
2. Body paragraphs
- Your paragraphs must include a topic sentence, supporting sentences (theory and examples) and a concluding sentence.
- You should aim to have 2- 4 paragraphs in an essay of this length (not
including the introduction or conclusion.
Ensure your conclusion does the following:
- reiterates your thesis statement of your reflection –
try to use different language than what you used in the introduction
- provides a summary of the key points covered in the body of your reflection
Theoretical ideas you use in this writing will come from outside sources. Ensure that all sources of information are correctly referenced in the text and in a reference list at the end of your critical reflection.
|Due By (Pacific Time)||12/10/2014 08:23 pm|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews