For this assignment, you will create a presentation in preparation for a meeting with a large attendance. This will help you understand the preparation involved in oral presentations.
Imagine you are the president of your Associated Students Organization (ASO). At the next meeting of your ASO, the group will discuss preparations for a job fair in the spring. The group will hear reports from committees working on speakers, business recruiters, publicity, reservations of campus space, setup of booths, and any other relevant matters. You need to lead the meeting.
- Create a five-slide presentation for the meeting using what you learned in the Lessons. Make sure to follow the guidelines below:
In addition, compose your introductory remarks to open the meeting and place them in your presentation software’s "notes" section. As you do so, keep your audience in mind as well as the best practices you’ve learned.
- Your presentation should include a meeting agenda appropriate for a large group and a short period of time.
- Also include slides that correspond to your agenda—slides for the different committees and their agendas, for example.
- Add visuals and audio as appropriate.
- Describe how you prepared the presentation, and how you catered it to your specific audience.
- Save and submit your work to your instructor.
When preparing a presentation, remember the following:
- Text should be legible, and background, animation, and graphics should work visually with one another. None of the elements (text, background, animation, and graphics) should be distracting.
- Your presentation should be proofread for accuracy in content and grammar.
- Citations of your sources should be in APA style, including any graphics or images that you use.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||12/13/2014 12:00 am