- Explain the classification system used in biology to organize living creatures. Pick two organisms from each Kingdom and explain why they are placed in that kingdom.
- There are four unique properties of water that make it central to life on earth. Explain, in detail, each of these four properties.
- Explain the forces and mechanisms that are at work making a Staphyloccus infection an increasingly serious health threat.
- Explain why an individual organism is not able to evolve, but may contribute to evolution.
- Explain the difference between an ionic bond and a covalent bond.
- Compare the inputs and outputs of photosynthesis with the inputs and outputs of cellular respiration.
- What are the sex chromosomes and how do they differ between male and female?
- Compare the products of mitosis with the products of meiosis.
- What are five methods of cancer prevention?
- Explain how reproductive barriers result in the development of different species.
- How does Basilosaurus provide evidence of evolution?
- Explain how excavating sediments reveals an ordered series of fossils.
- Explain why taking antibiotics helps cures “Strep throat”, but does not help cure the common cold or the flu.
- Explain how natural selection drives evolution.
- Describe the force that allows a "water strider" or "water walker" insect to stay on top of the water.
Each of the two essay item responses should be documented by citing at leastone or more credible sources such as the textbook, a newspaper, a biographic article, book, or website. Wikipedia and any similar online reference sites where the content may be authored by anyone are not considered credible sources for scholarly writing.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||12/14/2014 03:00 pm