Sorry that I have to repost the project, since its due date has been extended.
Assignment: ( Economic policy and the Global environment)
In this assignment, you have given a task to discuss how would Singapore able to achieve a strong and sustainable economic growth in next fifty years. Although the economy challenges today in Singapore are vastly different from the 1960s, the prio rity remained the same: catering for economic growth and a good quality of life, and making the best use of our limited resources. This assignment aims to provide association between what you learn from economic models and concepts in class with real-life events happening around you.
The project is suggested including or answering all of the following items or questions:
1. Introduction: (10 marks)
- What is a strong and sustainable economic growth?
- How do you describe the economic growth of Singapore?
2. Rationale for promoting economic growth in Singapore: (20 marks)
- Catering economy growth: Aggregate Demand (= C + I + G + (X – M)), Aggregate Supply ( productivity and efficiency)
- Quality of life : material of living, health, education, political and civil right and happiness
- Best use of resources: Land, capital, labour and entrepreneurship.
3. What are the challenges for Singapore economics growth in the next fifty years? (20 marks)
- Oil price, external imbalance, protectionism, higher interest rate and slower economic growth, population aging, migration, environment......
4. What are the strategies and programs for Singapore economic planning in the next fifty years? (20 marks)
- Industrial strategy, economic resilience programs, enhancing human resources, promoting national teamwork, becoming international oriented, creation a conducive climate innovation, developing manufacturing and service clusters, spearheading economic redevelopment, maintaining international competitiveness, reducing vulnerability.....
5. Conclusion: the confidence of Singapore economic growth (10 marks)
6. Referencing and structure formatting (20 marks)
- Search through newspapers or magazines for ONE or MORE articles that is/are relevant to the economic concepts discussed in class. One copy of chosen article has to be attached to your final report.
- The chosen article should preferably be published in the last twelve months.
- Summarize each article first. Analyse the article and identify linkage between the economic concepts you have learnt in class with the discussion in the article. Apply the economic models learnt to discuss the economic challenges faced by the economy concerned and to explain the rationale for the economic policy(ies) chosen by the government to overcome the challenges. You may use other news articles to support your discussion as well.
- Where applicable, illustrate your discussion with diagrams and economic models to enhance your discussion.
- More marks will be awarded for reports, which provide more comprehensive, balanced and in-depth analysis with adequate referencing to the economic concepts and models.
- The newspaper article will serve as the main focus of your analysed report. However, your discussion is not restricted to just the content of the article chosen. You are free to discuss on other relevant information (from other sources) which relate to the main economic event you have chosen
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||12/30/2014 12:00 pm