Q1. Discourse Analysis and Rhetoric (18 pts.)
Study the two articles "The Truth about the Bermuda Triangle" and " The Mystery of the Bermuda Triangle" carefully, and write an essay in which you analyze these two articles.
Make sure you address the following points in your essay:
· The different rhetorical appeals used in each article.
· Any rhetorical devices used in the articles.
· The targeted audience in each article.
· Which article is more convincing depending on the authors' employment of the rhetorical appeals?
· Whether you are convinced or not.
Your essay should not be less than 800 words. You will find both articles below.
Q2. Culture and Language (12 pts.)
In a well-organized essay, define and talk about culture and language. Then choose any cultural behavior, habit, or situation and relate it to language. In your essay, you're supposed to discuss some of the complications or conflicts that might occur due to misunderstanding these cultural codes. Your essay should not be less than 600 words.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||12/30/2014 12:00 am