28-32 page Business Plan
This capstone project requires you to create a business plan for a start-up company. You will create a start-up business using the scenario provided. The business plan requires that you demonstrate the integration and synthesis of competencies in all domains required for your degree program.
Develop a business plan for a start-up company that plans to sell a product or service in a local market, in a national market, or on the Internet. Select one of your favorite products as the basis for the company, or invent a product.
From student: The business will be an online retailer that specializes in selling affordable purses and women accessories.
Create a business plan for your hypothetical company in which you do the following:
A. Write an executive summary (suggested length of 1–2 pages) in which you:
1. Identify the business name and location.
2. Describe the mission, goals, and objectives of the business.
3. Discuss three keys to the company’s success.
B. Write a company summary (suggested length of 4–6 pages) in which you:
1. Describe the history of the industry in which the company will operate.
2. Identify the legal form that the company will take.
3. Describe the location and type of facilities needed for the company.
4. Describe the management structure, including key personnel and positions.
5. Describe the products and services offered by the company.
C. Develop a market analysis (suggested length of 3–5 pages) in which you:
1. Describe the target market for the company’s products and services.
2. Complete an industry analysis for the company.
3. Complete a competitive analysis.
D. Develop a market strategy (suggested length of 3–6 pages) in which you:
1. Discuss the four Ps of marketing as they relate to company products and services.
2. Develop a price list for the company’s products and services.
3. Develop a selling strategy with specific goals, milestones, and deliverables.
4. Develop a sales forecast based on expected market conditions.
E. Develop an implementation strategy (suggested length of 3–6 pages) in which
1. Summarize your overall strategy for successfully launching your business.
2. Outline target dates, goals, and objectives for implementation.
3. Develop a control plan to be used to evaluate the success of the company in meeting
F. Calculate and develop the financial statements and projections (suggested length
of 3–5 pages) for the first year of business by doing the following:
1. Develop a month-by-month estimate of revenues and operating costs based
on the sales forecast.
2. Develop a forecasted profit and loss statement.
3. Develop a forecasted balance sheet.
Note: You may choose to use a business plan financials template to prepare this section
or create your own template.
G. Write a financial report (suggested length of 1–2 pages) in which you:
1. Summarize the financial projections and the assumptions used in estimating the
projections. Provide the following in your report:
a. Estimated break-even point
b. Company’s financial position at the end of year 1
c. Estimated capital/investment needs
|Due By (Pacific Time)||01/24/2015 12:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews