To prepare for this Application:
- Review Chapters 16–18 in the Course Text, The Dynamics of Mass Communication: Media in Transition, and the video “Principles of Risk Communication."
- Review the articles “From the Editor: Questions of Ethics—for Bee and You,” “Opinion: From the Editor: The Question Is Ethics, and Readers Respond,” and “Impact of the Global Media Revolution."
- Read the two case studies in the “Case Studies for Media Ethics” document in this week’s Learning Resources and choose one to focus on for this activity.
- Identify the ethical implications posed in your chosen case study.
- Consider the social implications of the media portrayal discussed in the case study.
- Reflect on how your personal beliefs influence your ethical view of this case study.
- Write a 1- to 2-page critique of your chosen case study that answers the following questions:
- What are the ethical implications of the case studies?
- How did your personal beliefs affect your critique?
- What are the professional, community-based, and environmental effects of the media portrayal presented in the case study?
- Refer to 2 specific examples from your course reading and record in your assignment information about each source, including author, year, page number, and publication title.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||02/07/2015 12:00 am