This is an outline of the three-step writing process, which should apply to your analysis of a Week 5 scenario presented in the Negative and Bad News Message tab. Answer the case questions related to each step directly on this form. For the three-step process questions, you may use short phrases and sentences for your answers. Then add a page break, and write a message as directed in the Negative and Bad News Message tab and save the document as one file.
A. Analyze the Situation
1. What is your general purpose?
2. What is your specific purpose?
3. Exactly what do you want your audience to think, feel, or believe after receiving your message?
4. Who is your primary audience?
5. What is the audience’s background?
6. What are the audience’s reactions likely to be to your message?
B. Gather Information
1. What information does your audience need to receive?
2. What facts must you gather in order to create an effective message?
C. Organize the Information
1. What is your main idea?
2. Will you use the direct or indirect approach?
3. Why are you using the approach you chose?
A. Adapt to Your Audience
1. How will you show sensitivity to your audience's needs?
2. How much credibility do you already have with your audience?
3. How will you establish the additional credibility you need?
4. Will your tone be informal or more formal?
B. Compose the Message
· You DO NOT have to attach your first draft.
A. Revise the Message
List three or more changes you made between your first draft and final draft suggested by the prompts in the revision checklist on page 155 in Chapter 6.
1. First change
2. Second change
3. Third change
4. Additional changes
B. Produce the Message
Use effective design and layout for a clean, professional appearance. Proofread the Message.
Review for errors in layout, spelling, punctuation, and other mechanics.
· You DO NOT have to list typos and mechanical errors.
C. Submit these questions and your responses along with a fully formatted message to the audience in the Dropbox as one Word file.
|Due By (Pacific Time)||02/10/2015 12:00 am|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews