Overview: You have just been hired at a large company, OutSource IT Inc., as a Network Administrator. You are being tasked with creating a network for this new incoming customer . As part of your responsibilities you will need to plan, purchase, acquire, build, document & support the effort from end to end for this particular customer.
· CustomerABC is a financially based company that requires OutSource IT expertise.
· The customer is a 24x7 client that requires access to the data you will manage.
· The customer signed a contract with OutSource for Disaster Recovery related services.
· The customer is a public owned company.
· There are facilities already in place to house the hardware. Both facilities are Tier1. Power, Air Conditioning & UPS are already in place. So you don’t need to worry about the facilities, only concern yourself with the new customer network configurations.
· PRD is the name Production facility. DRC is the Disaster Recovery facility
· CustomerABC’s size & processing requirements are significant.
· The customer is interested in using the newly designed OutSource’s Public Facing Web-based product
· Select a Network infrastructure that is geared for the Financial Industry
· Evaluate hardware options to support the new network configuration
· Evaluate software solutions to support the new network configuration
· Create a report outlining your objectives for the project. This report is to be geared toward Management. High Level report only
· Create a Change Control of all of the configurations & installations you will perform. This is to be geared toward a technical audience. This Change Control, should detail the steps you would take to implement the network’s hardware & software infrastructure to the existing Corporate network.
· The change should use best practices & be scripted so that other Network Administrators could follow this plan in your absence.
· Provide Visio or flowcharts that accomplish the following:
o High Level diagram of the equipment & network
o Any diagrams that may describe any specialized networking or networking administrational work. i.e. Disaster Recovery network
o Possibly assemble them into a type of white paper in .pdf format & assemble all of these documents into this reader file.
Company Policies (OutSource Inc.)
· Use “best practices” in all of the work you do.
· Use the corporate “change control” model for installation & configuration of the solution you will provide to the customer.
Networking: The network for OutSouce IT Inc. is maintained by the Network Team, which you are now part of. As we proceed thru the Networking Lessons you’ll be able to construct a fictional network of addresses to use in your project (e.g. for the diagrams). Assume that Outsource will require the use of protocols ssh, nfs; software applications like email, Also include interoperability with Linux based computers or mainframes.
o High Level report to Management (listing costs & description of hardware & software)
o Any diagrams describing your Network layout of both PRD & DRC facilities & how they communicate with one another.
o How the CustomerABC will connect to this new Corporate network.
o Any report that describes the system administration work required to maintain the network.
o Change Control with all of the Commands that you would use to build this.
o Suggestion, assemble these in a .pfd format type white paper.
Change Control Example:
Title of Change:
Estimated End Date/Time:
Type of Change: (Hardware or Software)
Description of Change
Change Test Plan:
Change Rollback Plan:
Actual results of Change:
|Due By (Pacific Time)||05/08/2013 06:37 pm|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews